Nov 5: Periscope Forum 2019
INVITATION TO PERISCOPE FORUM
The PERISCOPE partnership invites you to join us and other international stakeholders in Brussels on 5 November to discuss how the North Sea Region can achieve global leadership in the blue economy, with a special focus on EU programming towards 2030.
09.00 – 10.00 Opening session
The forum will kick off with introductory contributions of keynote speakers who will share with you their experiences and visions on the future development of the Blue Growth sector.
- Felix Leinemann, Head of Unit, European Commission, DG MARE
- Kerstin Brunnström. President, North Sea Commission
- Arjen Uytendaal, President, Nederland Maritiem Land and the European Network of Maritime Clusters.
10.00 – 10.45 Global Challenges and Blue Sector Competitiveness
Due to global drivers, the wider maritime, marine and offshore economies are exposed to profound challenges. The European Maritime sector needs to strengthen the strategic use and implementation of new (digital) technologies and to have the rightly skilled and trained workforce. Industry experts and analysts share their views on how to remain competitive and innovative.
- Rémi Gruet, CEO, Ocean Energy Europe
- Matteo Bocci, Senior policy Expert, Ecorys
- Stig Marthinsen, Managing Director, South Norway European Office and Periscope Network
- DNV GL (tbc)
11.00 – 11.45 Blue Innovation Ecosystems
How can we through Smart Specialization of regions help European companies to capitalise on emerging global opportunities and stay competitive? The session will focus on business support, the development of cross-border innovation ecosystems supported by open innovation platforms and infrastructures, skills development and access to funding.
- Bas Buchner, Director, MARIN (tbc)
- Sigi Gruber, Head of Unit, European Commission, DG RTD (tbc)
12.00 – 13.00 Policy Panel Debate
In this moderated session a Panel will discuss the main topics which have been raised by the speakers. You and other members of the audience can share your views in this open and interactive debate.
13.00 – 14.00 Networking Lunch
Date: 5 November 2019, 09.00 - 14.00
Place: Norway House, Rue Archimede 17, BE-1000 Brussels
RSVP: 25 October 2019
Information and support
Mr Karsten Aust
+47 474 61 900 - firstname.lastname@example.org