The Maritime Cluster of West Sweden (Maritima klustret i Västsverige) is a network for collaboration on innovation and knowledge-based blue growth in the West part of Sweden. Through new knowledge, cooperation and dialogue we contribute to sustainably enhancing the maritime sector. We want to create the best conditions for West Sweden to contribute to a sustainable future for people, the ocean and its resources.
We work with marine and maritime issues within the following areas:
- Marine biotechnology
- Marine energy
- Maritime operations
- Maritime tourism
- Ocean governance
Our Collaboration partners are the Region of Västra Götaland, Chalmers University of Technology, University of Göteborg, The Swedish Research Institute RISE, SSPA (Your Maritime Solutions Partner), Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management and The County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland.
- Partnership for development of maritime comtetence and competitiveness
- Opportunities for cooperation, project initiation and meeting places for knowledge exchange between business, academia and society
- Productive outcomes from cooperation between different maritime sectors; tourism, seafood, energy, biotechnology, ocean governance and maritime operations
- Productive outcomes from cooperation between the maritime sector and other sectors such as chemistry and materials, life science, transport and digitization.
- WestWe highlight and promote the maritime issues on the various national, European and international arenas.
- We develop and communicate new knowledge about the ocean, its resources and the impact of society on the sea. Our emphasis is on challenges and the business opportunities.